If left untreated a cavity can lead to an infection and even the loss of a tooth. Our dentist, Dr. Brian Danielsson, can use composite fillings in Ridgecrest, California, to repair and restore a decayed tooth. Composite fillings not only provide a healthy alternative to the older varieties, they can also be shaded to match the color of your tooth. Get started on a healthier smile today by calling Ridgecrest Cosmetic Dentist at 760-371-4800 for your appointment.
Traditionally, dental fillings have been made of silver amalgam. However, our dental office uses only composite, or tooth-colored filling material. Our dentist and team have chosen to use composite filling materials in order to provide you with a more natural-looking result and to promote better long-term oral health. There are many benefits to composite fillings, including:
- Material that bonds to your tooth to provide more support for the tooth’s structural integrity
- Reduced risk of the treated tooth breaking or fracturing in the future
- Insulation from temperature changes caused by foods and beverages
- Better seals around the edges of the damaged area, increasing the tooth’s resistance to decay and leaks
- The ability to correct cavities that are too small for amalgam fillings to repair
- Fillings that can be repaired and replaced without being removed from the tooth
- No mercury or other metals are used, making the filling safer
When you receive a composite dental filling, our dentist will carefully select a filling that matches your natural tooth color to give you a more beautiful and healthier-looking smile. Fillings can usually be placed in a single appointment.
tructions at the conclusion of your treatment. Good oral hygiene practices, eating habits, and regular dental visits will aid in the life of your new fillings.